Pages

Marilyn Monroe Quotes

'The great human being Marilyn Monroe's Love Quotes to share your heart's deepest feelings.'

It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone.

Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.

The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.

I guess I have always been deeply terrified to really be someone’s wife since I know from life one cannot love another, ever, really.

It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.

Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.

I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.

I am invariably late for appointments – sometimes as much as two hours. I’ve tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.

I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.

I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it.

I don’t mind making jokes, but I don’t want to look like one.

I’m very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.

No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they’re pretty, even if they aren’t.

If I’m a star, then the people made me a star.

There was my name up in lights. I said, ‘God, somebody’s made a mistake.’ But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, ‘Remember, you’re not a star.’ Yet there it was up in lights.

It’s not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.

I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy.

Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.

Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.

If I’d observed all the rules, I’d never have got anywhere.

My work is the only ground I’ve ever had to stand on. I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation but I’m working on the foundation.

The thing I want more than anything else? I want to have children. I used to feel for every child I had, I would adopt another.

First, I’m trying to prove to myself that I’m a person. Then maybe I’ll convince myself that I’m an actress.

What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.



Some quotes are sourced from: http://www.lovequotesd.com/.